November 1st is National Brush Day! What better day to celebrate oral health? This day shines light on the importance of brushing your teeth, especially for kids! Twice a day for at least 2 minutes followed by flossing is ideal. Many dentists recommended a soft-bristled toothbrush that fits the shape and size of your mouth.
Here are a few important brushing techniques:
- Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer, inner and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria
Taking care of your oral health is incredibly important. It is always smart to start good habits at an early age! Do what you can to get your children excited about taking care of their teeth. National Brush Day is a great reminder to do so. Give us a call today to schedule your family's six-month cleaning and check-up today.